- Compass Newsletter
- Corporate Plan
- Data Protection
- Freedom Of Information
- Guest Book
- Local Government Reform
- Opening Times
Civil Marriage In The Registrars Office.
WHO CAN BE MARRIED IN NORTHERN IRELAND
- Both parties are at least 16 years of age on the day of their marriage, persons over 16 years and under 18 years of age require parental consent.
- They are not related to one another in a way which would prevent their marrying.
- They are unmarried (a person who has been married before must produce documentary evidence that the previous marriage has been ended by death, divorce or annulment).
- They are not of the same sex.
- They are capable of understanding the nature of a marriage ceremony and of consent to marry.
Civil marriages currently take place in the Town Hall Carrickfergus. Most marriages take place in the Dobbs Room. If your wedding party is 6 or less then a smaller room is used and this is free of charge.
Choosing a date
If you are planning on getting married in a years time or longer, you can make a provisional booking. If you want a date within the next 12 months we can take a definite booking or a provisional booking, subject to availability.
You are advised to book your ceremony as early as possible to secure the date and the time that you want. Friday and Saturday are very popular days.
The following prices currently apply to civil marriages in the Registrar's Office.
These fees are submitted when you return your marriage notice forms.
- Weekdays - £110.05
- Saturdays - £246.50
On a week-day you can have your ceremony any time between 10.00am and 4.00pm.
On Saturday in the Registrar's office the last ceremony takes place at 1.00pm.
Please note that on busy days failure to keep to your appointed time could result in your ceremony being postponed. For details of what can be included in your ceremony (music, readings etc) please contact the Registrar’s Office (028 9335 8047) and we will be happy to help you.
If you change your plans or decide to postpone your ceremony, you must notify the Registrar as soon as possible.
Both parties must complete a Marriage Notice From
For further information please contact:
Telephone: 028 9335 8047