- Allotment Gardens
- Bentra Golf Course
- Countryside Access
- Carrickfergus In Bloom
- Community Centres
- Parks And Countryside
- Play Areas
- Playing Fields
- Sports Development
- Summer Events
- Things To Do
- Whitehead Heritage And Wellbeing Walking Trail
CARRICKFERGUS BOROUGH COUNCIL
MARINA & HARBOUR
Carrickfergus Marina & Harbour is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. This Policy Statement sets out how we will work towards achieving our environmental objectives.
Primarily we will:
· Meet and exceed relevant environmental legislation by following best practice;
· Minimise our use of natural resources including water, energy and heat;
· Maximise our ability to reuse and recycle materials and waste.
To achieve these aims we will:
- Turn off lights, heating and taps when not in use.
- Minimise the use of water in all of our activities including fitting hoses with triggers..
- Minimise the creation of waste with innovative sustainable procurement eg asking suppliers to use reduced packaging or reusing packaging and by printing doubled sided only when absolutely essential.
- Use the web and email rather than printed materials to communicate where possible.
- Recycle as much as possible and provide adequate, clearly labelled bins. We will also increasing our waste and recycling bins and/or collections during busy times such as events.
- Provide suitable containers for the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Encourage members to scrub down their boats and apply antifouling in a accordance with The Green Blue Code of Conduct. Using a designated area, collecting scrapings and disposing of all materials including brushes and trays as hazardous waste.
- Take a sustainable approach to running events including reducing waste, promoting car sharing and the consumption of local and sustainable food.
- Promotion of relevant local environmental information to our members such as the location of voluntary no anchor zones, sensitive habitats/species.
- Raise awareness of our environmental commitment and promote sustainability amongst our members and visitors on our website and notice boards.
- Seek suppliers with credible environmental credentials.
- We will measure our progress and review this policy on an annual basis.
The Green Blue
The Green Blue is the joint environment programme created by the British Marine Federation and Royal Yachting Association for anyone who enjoys getting out on the water or whose livelihood depends on it. We help boat users, boating businesses, sailing clubs and training centres to reduce their impact on coastal and inland waters.
The Green Blue offer practical advice, help, guidance and even money saving tips for anyone who wishes to help keep our coasts and inland waters the pleasant places that we so enjoy.
The Green Blue raises awareness, conducts scientific research, identifies environmentally friendly products and offers easy best practice advice to anyone keen to make boating in the UK as sustainable as possible
For further information click on the link below
For further information please contact: