2010 Virtual Flower Show Competition
05 October 2010
The winners of the Carrickfergus in Bloom Virtual Flower Show have been announced by Chairperson of the Parks Committee, Alderman May Beattie. The Virtual Flower Show with a £450 prize fund is the only online competition for gardener and keen photographer to show off their skills. Judging was by popular vote from members of the public.
Alderman Beattie said “The Virtual Flower Show organised by Carrickfergus in Bloom is an excellent opportunity for Carrickfergus Borough residents to show off their photographic and gardening skills in this internet based competition. The winning photographs can be viewed at www.virtualflowershow.org. Winners and runners-up will be invited to a prize-giving ceremony at the Town Hall in October to receive their certificates and prizes. At the ceremony we shall announce our plans for Carrickfergus in Bloom in the coming year. To encourage people to enter the Virtual Flower Show we ran a free prize draw to win a Digital Camera. The winner was Phil Hodges from Carrickfergus. Phil won the ‘Win a Camera' Competition, the prize was an Olympus fe-5030.” (Picture enclosed Chairperson of the Parks Committee, Alderman May Beattie and Phil Hodges).
The Winners and runners-up are:
- Winner - Pink Flowers by Shelley Malcolmson
- Runner-Up - Peace by Joyce Kernohan
My Favourite Outdoor Plant
- Winner - Snowdrops by Phil Hodges
- Runner-Up - Clemitas by Gladys Blair
My Favourite Indoor Plant
- Winner - Bloomin Clivia by Jean Mccullough
- Runner-Up - Hothouse Orchid Brian Anderson
My Favourite Landscape / Garden Setting
- Winner - Arcadia by Brian Kelley
- Runner-Up - Tulips by Terry Cooper
Flowers in their natural, wild setting
- Winner - Rustic Bluebells by David Jackson
- Runner-Up - Rockingham Forest by Park Harry Bates
Flowers with pets or other animals
- Winner - Peek-a-boo by Joanne Campbell
- Runner-Up - My Orange Clivia by Harry Bates
View and download Virtual Flower Show winning photos at http://www.carrickfergusinbloom.org/vfslatest.htm.
For further information please contact: