Thinking of having fireworks this Halloween?
11 October 2012
Find out all the details about buying and using fireworks here
If you are planning on buying garden fireworks you will need to have licence issued by the Dept of Justice. Full details of how to apply for a licence are available on the NIDirect website
When you are purchasing fireworks only use a reputable supplier and look out for the British Standard marking BS 7114 on the boxes.
When using fireworks always follow the Firework Code
1. Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
2. Don't drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
3. Keep fireworks in a closed box.
4. Follow the instructions on each firework.
5. Light them at arm's length, using a taper.
6. Stand well back.
7. Never go near a firework that has been lit.
8. Even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode.
9. Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
10.Always supervise children around fireworks.
11.Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
12.Never give sparklers to a child under five.
13.Keep pets indoors.
14.Don't let off noisy fireworks after 11pm.
Fireworks. Be safe not sorry. Always follow the Code.
For further information please contact: